It is advisable to take out travel insurance when air tickets are issued or when the first element is committed to, in which case cover will apply for cancellation or curtailment. We strongly recommend you are also covered for medical expenses and repatriation in the event of accident or illness. There are often limitations on cover for sports and adventurous activities. Trekking, water skiing and riding a motorcycle are some examples. Make sure that the proposed policy will cover these.
Another important angle for you to consider, many annual travel insurance policies are aimed at holiday makers and would not cover a conference being cancelled or other business related reasons. For this type of cover it may be worth contacting a broker?
For airport delay info
- Health – NHS UK, It is also recommended that you seek current advice from your GP or Travel Health Clinic
- FCO travel advice
- UK Passport Office
- US Immigration
- ESTA electronic authorisation for the US Visa Waiver program*
- Weather, based on historic date, what you would normally expect around the world advice
- RF Consular Services
- Tristar Cars
- Parker Cars
- Just Valet Parking – Gatwick. For a 20% discount on parking and valet services, quote the code JVPTT20
- Luggage Mule have your bags delivered for you, cut the stress. Ideal if you have a few destinations to visit before a conference, or are going on a cruise, or want your bike sent out ahead.
- AmWorld- Reliable Worldwide and UK shipping of promotional material, luggage and sport equipment, as well as offering short and long term warehousing. They have been our shipping partner for 20+ years. Please contact Mark Leyshon for preferential rates.
- UpgradedPoints insider strategies to maximize credit card and frequent flyer points
*As per December 2019-We need to let you know that U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) have advised that changes in ESTA application processing mean real-time approvals will no longer be available. You will therefore NOT now get an instant response. International travellers using the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) for travel to the United States should apply as soon as possible but not less than 72 hours before their international flight is scheduled to depart.